Friday, April 15, 2011

Facing My Fears

Blogging, or writing for that matter, is an extremely personal experience. Will readers like what I write? Will they think it's stupid? Will they think I'm stupid? Questions like that constantly plague me when i write. But I've come to a point in my life where I'm tired of worrying about what people are going to think about me or say about me. I'm tired of being afraid. And I'm tired of doubting myself. This blog is going to be about my life and about what I think. If you've read my blog, you kind of have an idea of who I am as a writer. I would like to introduce to another part of myself.

Growing up I would look at myself in the mirror or hear myself talk and think, "Oh, I got this from Mom," or "Oh, I got that from Dad." Well I sure missed out on some of what makes my dad my dad. The man could eat an elephant and lose two pounds. I can look at a piece of chocolate cake from across the room and gain five. Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but it's almost that bad. And for years I have blamed it on different things from medication, to genes, to you name it. But blaming ultimately doesn't do me any good. It's time for things to change. So here I go. I'm starting a journey. I am a new member of Weight Watchers.

Am I intimidated? Yes. Am I afraid? Yes. But so what if I've tried dieting and losing weight countless times? So what if I make a few mistakes along the way? If I don't start now, I might never start. I'm not going to continue to put myself down and tell myself that I'm going to fail. Here's to putting one foot in front of the other and taking one small step at a time. And here's to faith that I am going to see this through by the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment