Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blogging Overload

My head is swimming with ideas for my blog. My highest hopes are that I start to write the most amazing blog ever written by a 20 something single woman and that it draws the attention of millions and I make enough money to retire by the time I am 30. Okay, a little farfetched, but anything is possible right? What to write? I read a few posts about blogging and anonymity and they were all good. One blogger said to go for it without any hesitation and just lay it all out there for everyone to see. The second said to hide everything, even photos. Then there was the third who said that there is a happy medium. Throw a bone here and there, but don't give it all away because mystery keeps the reader's attention. With my first blog, which was my senior project, I displayed everything. It was a professional example of my work. This blog is a bit more personal. I am writing about my weight loss for heaven's sake. I don't know how much more personal I can get. I suppose that I could share my "before" photos that a dear friend was kind enough to take so that I can look back and see how far I came, but that might just scare everyone. Heck, they scared me.

I'm going to have to think about this. I don't want to hide because I'm tired of being afraid. I'm so sick of all of the negative what ifs that constantly run through my head. I need to just take some advice that I recently received. If I am going to entertain the negative what ifs then I also need to entertain the positive what ifs. What if I get some followers? What if my blog is good? What if I'm able to become a full time writer? I like those what ifs. This might be a bumpy ride, but I'm going to give blogging about my life a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment