Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Bit Out of Step

Have you ever watched an infomercial and gotten so excited about the product that you just had to try it? That's what happened when I watched an early morning infomercial about Zumba Fitness. I have been dying to try it for weeks.

According to Zumba.com, "Zumba Fitness® is the only Latin-inspired dance-fitness program that blends red-hot international music, created by Grammy Award-winning producers, and contagious steps to form a "fitness-party" that is downright addictive. Since its inception in 2001, the Zumba program has grown to become the world's largest – and most successful – dance-fitness program with more than 12 million people of all shapes, sizes and ages taking weekly Zumba classes in over 110,000 locations across more than 125 countries."

Well, I tried this extremely active workout tonight and according to Jeff, it was quite the sight. My class ended a bit after He finished his workout so he was waiting in the car.

"What were you doing in there?" he asked with a smile.

I tried my hardest. But let's face it. When you haven't exercised regularly, much less tried to follow a dance routine, you're bound to look ridiculous. I felt like a hippo with two left feet throughout most of the class. I'm not very good at shaking my hips while jumping up. But it was fun. I think I'll try another class and see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment